The WVU campus is tobacco free, effective July 1, 2013.
WVU BOG Policy 57
Tobacco Cessation Information
- PEIA cessation services..
- Health Plan cessation services.
- The National Cancer Institute operates a quitline that is open to anyone who calls. It is a free, anonymous line that provides smoking cessation counseling. It does not offer nicotine replacement therapy. The NCI’s quitline can be reached by calling 1-877-448-7848.
- Learn about additional national cessation services..
- WV Tobacco QuitLine – Some West Virginians are eligible to receive free phone coaching services and free nicotine replacement products through the WV Tobacco QuitLine by calling 1-877-966-8784.
Do you use Smokeless tobacco?
A limited amount of “Quit the Spit Kits” are available to employees trying to quit smokeless tobacco. Call 304-293-5700 if you would like a FREE kit to try out.
- ACS Guide to Quitting
- AHA Quit Smoking
- Ex – a new way to think about quitting smoking.
- Freedom From Smoking Online
- How to Quit
- Lung Cancer Risks for Non-smokers
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) Medication Guide
- QuitSTART App – a free smartphone app, available for iOS and Android, that can help you track your cravings and moods, monitor your progress toward achieving smokefree milestones.
- smokefree.gov 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- SmokefreeTXT – a mobile service designed to provide 24/7 encouragement, advice, and tips to help smokers stop smoking for good.
- Smoking in America
- Surgeon General reports on health consequences of smoking and tobacco
- WV Tobacco Quit Line (1-877-966-8784)